Unwanted body hair can not only be embarrassing but also expensive to maintain. Laser hair removal performed at Vein and Body Specialists in Bellevue, OH, can remove unwanted hair to give you the smooth skin you desire. Our highly skilled specialists are known for providing caring, courteous and expert service to the residents in Sandusky, Fremont, Norwalk and the surrounding communities.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a non-invasive skin treatment that safely and effectively removes unwanted hair permanently using a medical-grade laser. The treatment stops the growth of unwanted hair by targeting hair follicles and destroying the root. This also prevents any regrowth, allowing you to enjoy smooth skin without the need to wax or shave.
LightSheer Infinity® Laser for Hair Removal
At Vein and Body Specialists, we use the LightSheer Infinity® laser to perform laser hair removal. This hair reduction laser is different than other lasers in that it uses clinically proven diode laser technology to permanently remove unwanted hair, comfortably and effectively. LightSheer Infinity® has two wavelengths and six possible treatment methods, which allows each treatment to be customized for the patient based on skin type, hair type and lifestyle.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal using the LightSheer Infinity® laser can give you smoother skin with the following benefits:
- Comfortable treatments
- Long-lasting results
- Short treatment time
- No downtime
- Suitable for all skin types and colors
How is Laser Hair Removal Performed?
LightSheer Infinity® utilizes two proprietary removal technologies: HIT™ (High-Speed Integrated Technology) and ChillTip™ technologies for enhanced efficacy and patient comfort. HIT™ is used for larger areas and requires no prep and no gel. With HIT™, skin is gently suctioned into a handpiece that is passed over the targeted area. The light energy emitted from the handpiece is absorbed by the hair follicles, thus damaging and destroying them. With ChillTip™, skin is cooled before and during treatment, which temporarily numbs the skin as the handpiece directs the laser beam into the skin to destroy the follicles.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Treatments are Required?
Lasers are more effective when hair is at an early growth stage; however, because not all hairs are in the same growth phase at any given time, multiple treatments are required to achieve permanent hair reduction.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
The cost of laser hair removal can vary depending upon your specific treatment plan. We will always ensure that you know the cost upfront and will work with you to determine a plan that is both affordable and effective. We offer financing options such as deposits on accounts prior to treatment, CareCredit® and we accept credit cards (Master and Visa).
Laser Hair Removal FAQs
Laser hair removal with the LightSheer Infinity uses 805nm to 1,060 nm diode technology to allow the laser to appropriately treat the hair fiber to the appropriate depth. The unique feature on this laser is the 1,060 nm hand piece. This hand piece make treating skin types 4-6 not only effective, but also safe. This machine also uses suction as a way of drawing the hair fiber closer to the laser element making the efficacy of this laser much higher.
It is important to understand laser technology to know if you are a good patient for hair reduction using LightSheer Infinity.
- Safe for all skin types
- Hair must have pigment (does not work well on vellus (blonde) hair or white hair since the color of the hair fiber is what the laser beam is attracted to.
- Do you have underlying conditions that cause excess hair growth
- An example of this would be polycystic ovarian disease.
- The treatment will not be effective if you do not have the underlying condition under control
- In cases like this it would be a good idea to consult your primary care physician prior to treatment
- Exposure to the sun in the last 4 weeks (this can cause an ineffective treatment due to the laser being attracted to the pigment in the tanned skin)
- If you have any of the following conditions it is important to let us know before treatment
- History of skin cancer or pre-cancerous cells
- Active infection in the area being treated
- Active cold sores
- Chronic fungal or bacterial skin diseases
- Tattoos (this may cause the tattoo to fade or be removed)
- Melasma patients need to talk to primary care physician before being treated as to not exasperate the melasma condition.
Effectively treating the hair requires the patient to come to our office following these specific guidelines
- Hair closely shaven or buzzed
- No lotions, make-up or perfumes in area being treated
- No tanning lotions within the last 7 days
- No epilating creams or devices, tweezing or waxing for up to two weeks before treatment
- No Botox or dermal fillers 6 weeks prior to treatment (if in area of hair removal)
This is dependent on the area being treated. Typically patients are here for 15 minutes (lip or small area) up to 60 minutes (full leg). This is all dependable on the patient and how many areas are being treated at one time.
How many treatment sessions will I be required to come to for my LightSheer Infinity hair reduction treatments?
Again, this is depending on the patient. On average, the minimal amount of treatments a patient will need is 4-6 treatments. However, some patients could require 10-14 treatments based off their hair type and skin type.
What are some possible adverse reactions that might occur post laser hair reduction with LightSheer Infinity?
- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Perifollicular edema
These adverse reactions are rare. Our trained technologist does everything to ensure patient safety and avoids the causes of these conditions at every cost. However, with that being said, these adverse reactions may happen even though the patient an technologist did everything to prevent these reactions.
There is a small amount of pain associated with hair reduction. This pain is tolerable pain especially for the results the patients receive. It may feel like a pinching, stinging or pulling sensation. There is a small amount of redness usually following. We also offer numbing cream upon request.
- Lotion may be applied for rehydration
- Do not shave the treated area for 3 days post treatment
- Normal skin care regimens can be resumed the next day
- No waxing, tweezing, electrolysis or electric epilator allowed
- You can wash the treated area gently with mild soap and water
- If there are blisters, caution should be taking when cleaning the face and all avoidance of popping these blisters is recommended
- Sun protection is a must using a miner sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater.
- Swimming, sports or strenuous exercise should be avoided for 2 days
While cosmetic improvement is often a factor in undergoing laser hair removal, Vein and Body Specialists understands that reducing unwanted hair is the primary concern for patients in and around Bellevue, Sandusky, Fremont, Norwalk and the surrounding communities in Ohio. Contact us today for a consultation!