Whether you’d like to address signs of aging and skin damage or simply enhance skin health and appearance, facials and chemical peels can be an effective solution. Vein & Body Specialists offers these medspa services to the men and women living in Sandusky, Norwalk and Fremont, Ohio.
What are Facials and Chemical Peels?
Facials and chemical peels are facial rejuvenation treatments that use topical solutions to enhance skin health and appearance. Facials are a gentler treatment designed to refresh and nourish the skin, while chemical peels use stronger topical solutions to exfoliate the skin and cause deeper rejuvenation and repair. At our medical spa, we offer medical-grade facials and chemical peels that can help patients address a variety of skin concerns. These include:
- Wrinkles and lines
- Discoloration or hyperpigmentation
- Acne and acne scars
- Uneven skin tone or texture
- Enlarged pores
- And more!
What Facial and Chemical Peel Treatments are Available?
At Vein & Body Specialists, we offer the following facial and chemical peel treatments:
- SkinMedica Illuminize Peel
- This peel will give the skin a brighter and healthier appearance without extended downtime. It provides vibrant, radiant looking skin and is appropriate for treating mild skin imperfections.
- SkinMedica Vitalize Peel
- This peel will give the skin a radiant appearance without extended downtime. It helps provide vibrant, radiant looking skin. It is appropriate for mild skin imperfections.
- SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel
- This peel will expedite the reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections with minimal downtime.
- SkinCeuticals TCA Peel
- The SkinCeuticals Smart TCA System denatures skin’s proteins and loosens adhesive bonds to accelerate cell sloughing. Ideal for all skin types and most Fitzpatricks, Smart TCA Peel has been clinically-proven to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pore size, laxity, and hyperpigmentation, while the Restorative Masque is clinically-proven to reduce skin’s temperature to improve post-peel comfort. Mild downtime up to 7 days.
What are the Facial and Chemical Peel Treatments Like?
Facial and chemical peel treatments will begin with a gentle cleansing of the skin. Then, the desired facial or chemical peel solution will be applied to the skin’s surface. Depending on the treatment being performed, this solution will rest on the skin’s surface for up to an hour. During chemical peel treatments, you may experience a warm or tingling sensation as the solution works to exfoliate the skin. Once the solution has been applied to the skin for an appropriate amount of time, it will be removed and the treatment will be complete.
What Can I Expect After My Facial or Chemical Peel Treatment?
After facial treatments, patients often experience an immediate improvement in skin texture and hydration. These results may continue to improve in the days following treatment, and will likely last about one to two months. After a chemical peel, you can expect some redness and sensitivity in the skin that may last for a few days. As the skin begins to heal, the outermost layer of skin will flake and peel off. The recovery process will vary depending on the strength of the chemical peel, but most patients achieve a full recovery within a month, at which point you can expect to notice the benefits of treatment.
How Much Do Facial and Chemical Peel Treatments Cost?
The cost of facial and chemical peel treatments will depend on the treatment performed, while some of our chemical peels are priced as follows:
- SkinMedica Illuminize Peel: $75
- SkinMedica Vitalize Peel: $120
- SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel: $175
- SkinCeuticals TCA Peel: $150
During your visit to Vein & Body Specialists, we’ll develop your customized treatment plan and will then be able to provide you with the exact cost of treatment. We offer financing for all of our treatment services to keep them affordable for all patients.
To learn more about our facial and chemical peel treatments or try them for yourself, contact us today. At Vein & Body Specialists, we are proud to offer these and other medspa solutions to patients living in and around Sandusky, Fremont and Norwalk, OH.